New job with ThermalWise and The NSYCC!
June 22, 2011
Posted by on
Today I accepted a new position with a company called Thermalwise that is funded through the Nova Scotia Youth Conservation Corps (NSYCC). The NSYCC provides employment and training to youth aged 17-30 in Nova Scotia in the field of environmental sustainability. They teamed up with ThermalWise to create two job positions doing green building research. ThermalWise is dedicated to helping reduce the impact of Atlantic Canadians on the environment by promoting and facilitating green building initiatives. They provide green building assessment, certification, consulting and education services to homeowners, building owners, developers and the general public.
My tasks will include:
• Highlighting entries in the database of green building products that are made in Nova Scotia.
• Maintaining the databases of green building products available in Canada, as well as community groups, businesses and government departments that provide green building related services.
• Creating a series of case studies highlighting innovative green building practices in both new and retrofit applications. Case studies will showcase not only the techniques but also the people involved. This will include interviewing these people.
• Creating a series of videos about green building projects in Nova Scotia.
• Developing a mechanism for the public to submit examples of the steps they’re taking in their own homes to improve energy efficiency.
• Organize and upload information to the website and update website through the summer.
• Maintain a blog on the project site that highlights the crews work and progress.
I am really excited for this position and I start on Monday June 27th.