Morrison Hershfield – Sustainability Analyst (May 2012 – Present)
- Project co-ordination tasks associated with LEED and green building projects
- Communicating LEED requirements and obligations to other team members
- Tracking LEED submittals
- Greenhouse Gas Inventory Quantification / Verification
Fin MacDonald Solar Monitoring – Principal (July 2011 – May 2012)
- Researched ways to monitor solar hot water systems.
- Developed a combination of hardware and math algorithms.
- Installed and configured monitoring systems for clients.
NSCC Student Association – Vice President of Finance (May 2011 – April 2012)
- Responsible for a budget of $15,000.
- Prepared financial statements and monthly reports to council.
- Developed and implemented sustainability initiatives.
ThermalWise – Green Building Researcher (June 2011 – Aug 2011)
- Developed case studies of green buildings.
- Researched green building products and services.
- Assisted with LEED for Homes projects.
NSCC Applied Research – Research Intern (Apr 2011 – June 2011)
- Configured, installed, and monitored data logging systems for solar thermal equipment.
- Performed a site assessments, energy models, and AutoCAD drawings for a solar panels.
Marsh Canada – Account Administrator (Aug 2007 – Aug 2010)
- Managed a portfolio of insurance accounts for large corporate clients.
- Worked to meet tight deadlines.
- Provided computer training to staff.
Sobeys – Accounts Payable Analyst (Sep 2006 – Aug 2007)
- Designed and implemented various reports.
- Developed improved processes for a number of tasks.
- Wrote new computer programs to improve workload efficiency.
Nova Scotia Community College (NSCC) – Middleton, N.S.
Honors Diploma – Energy Sustainability Engineering Technology, May 2012
- Course work includes Energy Assessments, Renewable Energy Technologies, Energy Systems, Building Science, Energy Management, Thermodynamics and Geographical Information Systems.
- Chosen to take part in an 3 week international exchange to Ireland with students from Canada, Ireland, and the Netherlands.
- Graduated with Honors.
Saint Francis Xavier University – Antigonish, N.S.
Bachelor of Business Administration, May 2006
- Broad education in business with coursework in Finance, Information Technology, Project Management, Accounting, and Marketing.
- Completed the requirements for the first three years of a Bachelor of Information Systems degree as well.
- September 2014 – Certified Engineering Technologist, OACETT
- July 2012 – LEED AP O+M, Green Building Certification Institute
- May, 2011 – LEED Green Associate, Green Building Certification Institute
- September 2015 – Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System, Ontairo Ministry of Labour
- August 2015 – Working at Heights, Ontario Ministry of Labour
- January 2013 – Greenhouse Gas Accounting, Carbon Solutions
- August, 2011 – Standard First Aid and CPR C, St. John Ambulance
- June, 2011 – Emergency First Aid and CPR A, The Lifesaving Society
- October, 2010 – Occupational Health and Safety, NSCC
- The Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists
- Ottawa Region Chapter of the Canadian Green Building Council
- 2014 Emerging Green Builder Leadership Award – Canada Green Building Council
- 2012 Volunteer of the Year: Ottawa Region Chapter of the Canada Green Building Council
- 2011 Greenbuild Scholarship Winner: United States Green Building Council
- Canada Green Building Council – Board of Directors – Finance Director (2014)
- Canada Green Building Council – Member of the National Emerging Green Builders Committee (2012-2015)
- Canada Green Building Council Ottawa Region Chapter – Member of the Emerging Green Builders Committee (2012-2014)
- Junior Achievement – Volunteered with the company program in Halifax, NS and Middleton, NS, which runs weekly from Oct – March in 2007-2008, 2009-2010, and 2010-2011. The company program teaches high school students to be entrepreneurs through real hands on experience running a company.
- Clean Nova Scotia – Volunteered with the 1st ever Drivewiser in 2010, a daylong event focused on increasing fuel efficiency and reducing automobile emissions.